This update provides further information regarding COVID-19 – also known as Coronavirus – and specific information for Visitors and Staff when attending Wild Wood Adventure, Guildford.
We are OPEN!
Last updated: Saturday 3rd of April 2021
- IMPORTANT: Please ensure that your booking is not for more than 6 people due to current restrictions.
- Wild Kids will be operating with limited booking slots (10 participants per hour).
- Extreme Wild will be operating with limited booking slots (10 participants per hour). The Extreme section of the course remains closed (to reduce the number of rescues our staff need to carry out with stranded participants). The final Zip/Drop is also no longer included – we have reduced the price for Extreme Wild to reflect this. You can now purchase Zips/Drops using Extra Wild at checkout for £5.
- Parties are not currently available due to the restrictions on participant numbers. This will be reviewed weekly and in-line with national and/or regional restrictions.
- Wild Trials is available to book for schools and enquiries should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making a booking:
All of our availability can be found on our website. Just click the “Book Now” buttons to be taken to our bookings site. Reception cannot offer additional slots but they will be happy to help if you’re finding it difficult to make your booking online. If you’re looking to book a Party then they will be able to help you find a suitable slot which fits with our current participant numbers and government restrictions.
If you cancel your booking more than 7 days before it is due to take place then you will be entitled to a full refund.
If you need to amend your booking within 7 days then we will be happy to re-schedule this for you at no additional cost. We are happy to re-schedule up to 2 hours before your start time if you or a member of your group has any signs of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste). We will not be able to offer you any refund or re-schedule if you cancel with less than 2 hours notice.
Managing the risk to our Customers and Staff
Like all businesses, we have looked carefully at what we can do to make things as safe as reasonably possible for everyone.
- Wild Wood is outside in the fresh air! The only reason you need to enter the building is to use the toilets (we ask you to wear a face covering whilst inside and to respect social distancing, in line with current guidelines) where there is plenty of soap and hot water available for hand washing as well as a hand sanitiser station.
- As much of our equipment as possible has been cleaned and is managed in line with Government and Industry recommendations in between uses.
- We have a system of regularly cleaning contact points and surfaces in the reception and toilet area, in some instances multiple times a day.
- Our reception is as cash free as possible – we’re only accepting pre-bookings and ask that you pay using a contactless card for any purchases of drinks, snacks and ice creams.
- Social distancing has been considered and we have limited the numbers using the course to what feels safe.
- Hand sanitiser stations are available outside the toilets and at the start/finish of the Adventure courses for everybody to use.
- Our safety briefings include reminders of what to do to keep safe up in the trees.
- We have retrained our Instructors to be mindful of the new situation we find ourselves in. They will need to stand close to you to ensure that your harness is safely fitted and connected but this will be just for a moment and they will then return to a safe distance from you.
- We have completed a thorough risk assessment and following our industry’s advice on safe re-opening.
What we would like you to do for us:
I think we all know the importance of social distancing nowadays and we hope that you can keep mindful of this during your visit
- Please complete your Waiver before you arrive! We’re trying to limit the number of touch points and this will really help.
- If you are in a family/household group please observe the usual restrictions but please be mindful of others around you.
- Our staff have their temperature checked upon arrival at work using a non-contact thermometer. We may ask all customers to have their temperature checked upon arrival too. This is to safeguard all of our customers and staff and we very much appreciate your cooperation to allow us to operate as safely as we possibly can. If you are found to have an unusually high temperature then we will have to refuse entry and a full refund/re-schedule will be provided.
- If you are in a pair or group that needs to social distance, please do so to the best of your abilities around the course and on the ground.
- If you require an adult to supervise your child or children on the course as part of our safely ratios, please ensure that adult is part of the same household or social bubble as those children.
- The main reason that we have to “rescue” someone from the trees is because they are nervous/scared and do not feel able to continue with their adventure. A rescue means that our staff have to come extremely close to you for an extended time. We would like to limit this scenario as much as possible and have closed the hardest part of the Extreme course to reduce this but ask that if you think you will struggle emotionally or physically that you wait a few weeks longer before making a booking with us.
- Be really mindful of others, especially when moving around the waiting and kitting up areas to the tower and letting others pass by you.
- The Government does not recommend that you wear a face covering whilst outside but you are welcome to do so if it makes you feel more comfortable. Please ensure that it can come off easily though in the event of a fall – no scarves as these could become tangled and pose an immediate risk to you in the event of a fall.
- You are welcome to wear gloves. We have knitted gloves for sale at reception but if you would prefer to wear disposable ones, please ensure that you bring these with you and dispose of them appropriately after use. Please remember to keep your hands away from your face, even when wearing gloves.
- Sanitise your hands before AND after your session.
- When using the toilets please be mindful of others. If in doubt, just ask if it is ok to be in the same area and try to keep a recommended safe distance.
- DO NOT visit us if you feel unwell. Please see information above on our cancellation policy during the time that coronavirus restrictions are in place.
- If you have not been exercising for a while. . . take it easy at first!
We are very happy to be back open again and, with your help, staying that way. We hope that you enjoy your visit to us!
We are following official advice from Government and Public Health England (PHE) at all times. Their websites are updated on a regular basis and should always be the first port of call for general and medical advice. The global situation and advice can change rapidly so you should always refer to live information on these websites and we have provided links for these.
Where to find the latest information:
If you have any questions, please contact us: email@example.com