This update provides further information regarding COVID-19 – also known as Coronavirus – and specific information for Visitors and Staff when attending Wild Wood Adventure, Guildford.
We are OPEN!
Last reviewed/updated: Last reviewed/updated: Saturday 4th of July at 07:45
- Wild Kids will be operating with limited booking slots (6 participants per hour).
- Extreme Wild will be operating with limited booking slots (6 participants per hour) and without the final Zip/Drop (due to the proximity of staff/customer to connect this PPE) or Extreme section of the course (to reduce the number of rescues our staff need to carry out with stranded participants) – we have reduced the price for Extreme Wild to reflect this.
- Zip Zone will not be operating at this time. Our staff have to stand very close to be able to connect and check PPE on a number of occasions during this adventure so it is not appropriate to operate this currently in line with the Government’s recommendations on social distancing.
- Parties are available to book now for September. As we are operating reduced slots and the Government recommends that only a limited number of households should mix we have taken the decision to wait until September before offering our packages.
- Wild Trials is available to book from October. As with Parties, the Government recommends that only a limited number of households should mix, so we have taken the decision to wait until October before offering our packages to Schools, Groups and Companies.
Making a booking:
All of our availability can be found on our website. Just click the “Book Now” buttons to be taken to our bookings site. Reception cannot offer additional slots but they will be happy to help if you’re finding it difficult to make your booking online.
If you cancel your booking more than 7 days before it is due to take place then you will be entitled to a full refund.
If you need to amend your booking within 7 days then we will be happy to re-schedule this for you at no additional cost. We are happy to re-schedule up to 2 hours before your start time if you or a member of your group has any signs of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste). We will not be able to offer you any refund or re-schedule if you cancel with less than 2 hours notice.
Managing the risk to our Customers and Staff
Like all businesses, we have looked carefully at what we can do to make things as safe as reasonably possible for everyone.
- Wild Wood is outside in the fresh air! The only reason you need to enter the building is to use the toilets where there is plenty of soap and hot water available for hand washing as well as a hand sanitiser station.
- As much of our equipment as possible has been cleaned and is managed in line with Government recommendations in between uses.
- We have a system of regularly cleaning contact points and surfaces in the reception and toilet area, in some instances multiple times a day.
- Our reception is as cash free as possible – we’re only accepting pre-bookings and ask that you pay using a contactless card for any purchases of drinks, snacks and ice creams.
- Social distancing has been considered and we have limited the numbers using the course to what feels safe.
- Hand sanitiser stations are available outside the toilets and at the start/finish of the Adventure courses for everybody to use.
- Our safety briefings include reminders of what to do to keep safe up in the trees.
- We have retrained our Instructors to be mindful of the new situation we find ourselves in. They will need to stand close to you to ensure that your harness is safely fitted and connected but this will be just for a moment and they will then return to a safe distance from you.
- We have completed a thorough risk assessment and following our industry’s advice on safe re-opening.
What we would like you to do for us:
I think we all know the importance of social distancing nowadays and we hope that you can keep mindful of this during your visit
- Please complete your Waiver before you arrive! We’re trying to limit the number of touch points and this will really help.
- If you are in a family/household group please observe the usual restrictions but please be mindful of others around you.
- Our staff have their temperature checked upon arrival at work using a non-contact thermometer. We may ask all customers to have their temperature checked upon arrival too. This is to safeguard all of our customers and staff and we very much appreciate your cooperation to allow us to operate as safely as we possibly can. If you are found to have an unusually high temperature then we will have to refuse entry and a full refund/re-schedule will be provided.
- If you are in a pair or group that needs to social distance, please do so to the best of your abilities around the course and on the ground.
- The main reason that we have to “rescue” someone from the trees is because they are nervous/scared and do not feel able to continue with their adventure. A rescue means that our staff have to come extremely close to you for an extended time. We would like to limit this scenario as much as possible and have closed the hardest part of the Extreme course to reduce this but ask that if you think you will struggle emotionally or physically that you wait a few weeks longer before making a booking with us.
- Be really mindful of others, especially when moving around the waiting and kitting up areas to the tower and letting others pass by you.
- The Government does not recommend that you wear a face covering whilst outside but you are welcome to do so if it makes you feel more comfortable. Please ensure that it can come off easily though in the event of a fall – no scarves as these could become tangled and pose an immediate risk to you in the event of a fall.
- You are welcome to wear gloves. We have knitted gloves for sale at reception but if you would prefer to wear disposable ones, please ensure that you bring these with you and dispose of them appropriately after use. Please remember to keep your hands away from your face, even when wearing gloves.
- Sanitise your hands before AND after your session.
- When using the toilets please be mindful of others. If in doubt, just ask if it is ok to be in the same area and try to keep a recommended safe distance.
- DO NOT visit us if you feel unwell. Please see information above on our cancellation policy during the time that coronavirus restrictions are in place.
- If you have not been exercising for a while. . . take it easy at first!
We can’t wait to be back open again and very much hope that you enjoy your visit to us!
We are following official advice from Government and Public Health England (PHE) at all times. Their websites are updated on a regular basis and should always be the first port of call for general and medical advice. The global situation and advice can change rapidly so you should always refer to live information on these websites and we have provided links for these.
Where to find the latest information:
If you have any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org